|7/2, Slaeside, Hanover Court, Balerno, City of Edinburgh, EH14 7HL
|Offers Over £76,000
Opportunity to acquire a 70% share equity, of a tastefully presented, one-bedroom, dual aspect, second-floor flat, forming part of a modern, factored, sheltered housing development. Conveniently located in the desirable village centre of Balerno, southwest of Edinburgh city centre.
This is a Sheltered Housing development and, as such, prospective purchasers are buying a 70% share (in the form of a shared equity interest) and the right to occupancy and Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association retains the remaining 30%. Subject to approval by Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association. Applicants must be capable of independent living and must be at least 60 years of age. Interested parties should contact Hanover if they require any information on the ownership. Interested parties should note that any successful purchaser is required to pay an incoming purchaser fee of 0.5% of the price agreed to Hanover. The seller is required to pay an outgoing seller fee of 1% of the price to Hanover.
The entrance hall affords access to each room within the property, and features a secure entry phone handset and superb storage provision with a walk-in box/store room and a further built-in cupboard. Set to the front, with a dual aspect allowing plentiful natural light, the spacious living room offers space for both lounge and dining furniture; whilst to the rear, the kitchen is fitted with traditional units, stone effect worktops, a sink with drainer, a tiled surround, and new wood effect flooring. A spacious bedroom is set to the front, whilst to the rear, completing the accommodation, a newly fitted shower suite includes a large shower cubicle with a mains mixer, modern panel splash walls, wood effect flooring and a ladder-style radiator.
Balerno is a sought-after residential village, some eight miles south-west of the city centre. Located just off the A70, it is ideal for commuting by bus or car, with the nearby city bypass connecting to the main trunk routes and Edinburgh Airport. The thriving community supports a range of local shopping, services and amenities, including sports clubs, a swimming pool, and well-regarded primary and high schools. There are supermarkets at The Gyle and Hermiston Gait retail parks and at Colinton and Longstone. Balerno lies on the edge of the Pentland Hills Regional Park and is convenient for pleasant woodland pathways along the Water of Leith, around Harlaw and Threipmuir, and in Balerno’s Malleny Gardens, with golf courses at Dalmahoy and Baberton.
Council Tax Band: C